"On Behalf of the Governing body, it is my pleasure to welcome you and your family to what we hope will be an educationally beneficial and happy time at Rossington Tornedale Infant School.
The Governors take their responsibilities very seriously, and work closely with the Head Teacher in making decisions about how this school can successfully meet its challenges and goals, and we ask for your support in our endeavours. We believe
that successful education is the result of a positive home/school partnership, and we assure you that at all times the decisions we make will reflect our aim of trying to meet the needs of all our pupils.
The Governors and staff look forward to working with you, to maintain and further develop the school's standards of achievement and high level of care given to each of our pupils."
Chair of the Tornedale Governing Body
School Governors are key to the running of the school, and meet termly to discuss important decisions for the school. They also monitor the plan of what the school needs to do to continue to deliver high standards of teaching and learning.
The specific role of the Governing Body is:
- To lead the strategic planning of all areas of the school's work.
- To regularly monitor and review all school policies.
- To consult with and receive reports from Committees.
- To review and monitor the school's responsibilities in terms of the Every Child Matters Agenda.
- To oversee the work of Governors and Committees.
- To regularly undertake an audit of Governor skills, interests and expertise.
- To approve Governors' responsibilities for subjects/classes/year groups/aspects of school life.
Members of the governing body
All members of the Governing Body can be contacted through the School Office. Tornedale is a community school and is run under the auspices of Doncaster Council. We no longer have a committee structure; the Governors meet twice each term. There are separate committees for Allegations Against Staff, Staff Discipline and Headteacher Performance Management; the members are appointed to these committees on an as and when required basis.