The following people are responsible for safeguarding at Tornedale Infant School Rossington. They are all contactable through the main office.
- Designated Member of staff for all safeguarding concerns:
Mrs Lisa Almunshi – Headteacher
- Deputy Designated member of staff for all safeguarding concerns:
Mrs Emma Cave – Deputy Headteacher
Mrs Laura Dagg – Assistant Headteacher
- Governor for all safeguarding concerns:
Miss Keeley Brough
- Local Authority Designated Office (LADO):
Mr Jim Foy – Telephone: 01302 737748
In an emergency, if you are not able to speak to any of the above people, all staff have had safeguarding training and are able to confidentially deal with your concerns and contact a Local Authority designated person if need be.
At Tornedale we are constantly reviewing and striving to improve our Safeguarding policies and procedures and we have recently considered the safety of dropping off and collecting pupils by older siblings. As a school we recognize and sympathise with the often complex pressures faced by our families in balancing work and childcare and therefore politely request that siblings collecting younger family members are 14 years of age or older and that parents now complete a permission slip which are available from the school office.
From March 2015, the Government implement the new Working Together to Safeguarding Children 2015 Statutory Guidance replacing the 2013 guidance.
- The link for the statutory guidance produced by the Department for Education in September 2016 for Keeping children safe in Education can be found here: Keeping children safe in education.
- For further information on Doncaster Council’s Education Safeguarding Anti-bullying and Online Protection Team please take a look at their website: doncaster.gov.uk/services/schools/doncaster-education-safeguarding-anti-bullying-and-online-protection